Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 15/140: Starting Week 3

I am SO psyched to say that Joanna and I have started week 3.  This whole thing kinda started out as this insurmountable goal that, quite honestly, I wondered if we could even finish.  Well we ARE doing it and we're supporting each other along the way.  There have been days when I just wanted to sit and not move and here's Joanna, "Come on!  Let's go."  Then a few days later we trade places and maybe I'm able to motivate her.  When we can't walk together we keep track of each other's walks via Runkeeper.  I'll just be sitting there and my Runkeeper app will alarm and I'll get a nice little message, "Joanna Phillips just completed a 3.49 mile walk!"  If I haven't done my walk by then, THAT is usually enough to get me going. 

So today I walked to Stantontown again.  That's kind of my 'go to' walk since it's almt exactly 3 miles. Today my friend Kelly joined me, so it was really nice to have someone to talk to.  I think I may have a couple more friends that will soon join me as well.  How awesome is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment