Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 22/140: Memorial Day 2014--Missed my walk for the first time since starting this!

Well it was a beautiful, sunny day.  Perfect for a gathering with family and friends.  Although I should have gotten my walk in early...I didn't.  We went to a cookout at a friends, enjoyed burgers on the grill with homemade baked beans and potato salad.  Then strawberry banana shortcake for dessert.  Shortly after eating the shortcake I started feeling tired.  Dangone SUGAR!!  This is a post for another time, but suffice it to say my body reacts to sugary stuff like its poison.  I get tired, sluggish, wanting to go to bed, UGGHH!!  It's bad.  REALLY bad.  It is just like a constant reminder that I need to make changes in my diet and cut some stuff out completely!

So to continue...

After eating I felt the sleepies coming on and I literally slept on a lawn chair...right where I sat.  Woke up drooling the whole bit.  I know, TMI right?  But I was WIPED!  I gave myself a break this time though.  Joanna and I both decided to forego today's walk and just enjoy the day with family.  Tomorrow is a new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment